The PRC is taking the initiative to organise, for the first time this year, a blood drive in collaboration with the Agia Sofia Children’s Hospital, which will take place after the holidays. The aim is twofold: (1) to help the children in need, and (2) to establish a blood bank that will be readily available to the Campion community should it be needed.
In fact, every two seconds someone in Greece needs blood. Although a lot of people are eligible to donate blood, very few do, making blood donors part of an elite group. By taking part in our blood drive you can help spread the word about how great it feels to donate blood and give someone a chance to share more laughter, joy, and time with family and friends.
However, there are certain restrictions that need to be considered before replying. Please check the following list:
YOU CANNOT DONATE BLOOD IF
- You are under 18 or over 65
- You have spent more than 6 months in the UK between 1986 and 1996 (unless you were a vegetarian)
- You have taken aspirin or antibiotics in the last 7 days
- You have a cold
- You are pregnant
- You have had a major operation in the last 6 months
- You have visited certain African or South-American countries
- You have had tattoos or piercing